Is Hair Transplantation Really Effective?
The problem of hair loss is being faced by people of all age groups across the globe. There are many factors which cause hair loss, and there are both surgical and non-surgical options to fix it. The surgical method is also called a hair transplant, but what is it actually? It is a surgical procedure performed by the best hair transplant doctors who transplant the hair follicles from a donor area to the recipient area, which is an area that doesn’t have hair.
The Growing Popularity of Hair Transplantation Surgery
In recent years, hair transplant surgery has grown in popularity due to a number of reasons, because it’s a procedure which is less invasive, ensures a faster healing rate, and has a natural looking result post the surgery. Hair transplant is considered a great boon to a patient who is bearing the brunt of severe hair loss and who is conscious of his looks or suffering from low self-esteem.
Compared to any other surgery, a hair transplant provides safe and long lasting results.
Benefits of Hair Transplant Surgery
More and more people are choosing hair transplant surgery over other options as it is a permanent hair loss solution. The other benefits of the hair transplant solution are as follows,
- Long-lasting effect-The transplanted hair will stay long even after the surgery and will continue with its normal growth.
- Value for money-Though the hair transplant procedure is a surgery, it is cost-effective and not likely to cause a hole in your pocket.
- Painless procedure-Despite being a surgical procedure, hair transplant procedure is not very painful. The patient can resume his/her normal chores right from the next day after hair transplantation.
- The final effect-The final effect of the surgery is pretty natural looking, if of course, done properly. Obviously, there are certain rules and regulations which one definitely needs to follow before and after undergoing the procedure.
- Improves your look-With successful hair restoration, the physical appearance and the personality of the person improves greatly, as does the self-esteem.
As the transplanted hair grow naturally and normally, you can trim and style them as you have always done with your natural hair. It is an effective procedure which will last for ages. The most common technique of hair transplant is “strip harvesting”, which is sometimes referred to as follicular unit transfer or FUT. This procedure is all about removing a single strip of the scalp where there are plentiful follicles, also known as the donor site, and then cut out the follicular units to create grafts for the procedure.
Another common and popular is called follicular unit extraction or FUE, in which each follicular unit is removed painstakingly. It is a laborious process but it can avoid the linear scar from the donor site. This procedure is usually embraced by men who are under the age of 30.
The success of hair transplantation stems from the fact that more and more people are opting for the procedure. Since the results are permanent, this is indeed the best solution to address your hair loss woes.